Tax Season is just around the corner!
AARP Tax Aide will be at ASAC Monday & Thursday from 9 AM-3 PM to assist you with filing your 2016 income tax starting on Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 through Monday, April 17th, 2017. No appointment necessary, assistance is on a first-come first-served basis.
FREE AARP FOUNDATION TAX AIDE PREPARATION
Free tax preparation will be offered again at the Anchorage Activity Senior Center for the up-coming tax season. Beginning February 2 preparers will be available every Monday and Thursday from 9 AM to 3 PM. unless the ASAC is closed for a holiday.
Below is a list of items you must have for your taxes to be prepared or your taxes cannot be prepared:
- Picture ID (taxpayer and spouse).
- Social security cards or current record of SSN's for you, spouse and all dependents.
- All income information (such as Forms W-2, W2G, 1099-Misc, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, SSA-1099 or RRB-1099 and 1099-R, 1099-B, 1095-A). If insurance was purchased through the Marketplace, the taxpayer will receive Form 1095-A that is needed by the preparer to correctly prepare the return.
- Form 1099-G or record of unemployment received and any federal tax withheld from unemployment.
- Property tax and mortgage interest statements.
- List of your medical, interest, contributions, and miscellaneous expenses (to itemize your deductions if eligible).
- Copies of last year's tax return (helps volunteer prepare this year's return).
- Child care payment information and name, address and EIN/SSN of your child care provider.
- Bank routing and account number for direct deposit - check book if possible.
Alaska PFD for 2016 is $1,022. Document not necessary - preparer will ask if you received PFD. If the PFD is garnished for some reason (back child support, taxes owed, etc.) it is the same as receiving it because the PFD is being used for your benefit.